This policy applies to http://www.pndiocese.org.nz and all its subdomains, including http://tumanako.pndiocese.org.nz.
When you use certain functions of this site we will ask for your personal information.
We will safeguard your personal information (information that identifies you as a natural person) and respect your rights under the Privacy Act 2020. The Diocese and its parishes collect information to provide services to the community and also to plan for additional services in order to grow our communities.
If you send us personal information (for example, your email address or contact details), we will only use this personal information for the purpose for which it was provided. We will keep any personal information you provide to us secure and will not disclose it to any other parties without your prior consent.
Your information may be:
- held only for these purposes and we will not disclose the information to others unless required to do so by law.
- stored in a secure electronic database.
- provided to you when requested.
- updated or corrected at any time you request.
- accessed only by staff of the Diocese of Palmerston North and its parishes.
- disposed of appropriately, when no longer required for the stated purposes.
In providing any information to us you agree to your details and those of whom you have provided being used for the purposes of the Diocese and its Parishes. You agree that you are providing correct, up to date information and have the right or permission to provide it on behalf of others.
Contact us If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected]
As well as this, we gather statistical information on visitation to help us improve this site and our services. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system (e.g., Windows 7, Mac OS)
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari), and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the language setting of your browser etc.
By using this website you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions.
The Diocese is not responsible for any content contributed by users. This material may or may not be factual, and you should try to verify its authenticity before relying on it. If you are unsure of the accuracy of any user contributed content then you can always contact us.
When registering on the site or using a site feature you must provide your real name and not impersonate anyone else, including falsely representing an affiliation with another person or organisation. Each registration is for a single individual only, and it is your responsibility to prevent unauthorised use of your registration.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Diocese excludes all responsibility and liability in relation to the website and the Diocese will not be responsible for errors, omissions or misstatements or be liable for any loss or damage however caused.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand and users submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
The Diocese may change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the amended Terms and Conditions online. You are responsible for reviewing the amended Terms and Conditions. By continuing to access this website, you agree to be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions.
Personal use (e.g. homework, private research)
You are welcome to use the material on this site for purposes of private study or research and review. No further permissions are required for private use of images, however full citations and acknowledgements should be included wherever the images are used.
Conditions which apply to all other uses:
- For anything apart from private personal use, you must follow the procedures and conditions outlined on this page:
- Contact us to seek and receive permission from the Diocese.
- Obtain clearances, e.g. for copyright
- Ensure the visual integrity of the image is maintained.
- Acknowledge and cite the item correctly.