Pastoral Life Coordinator: Kotahi Ano
This exciting opportunity in Palmerston North is for Our Lady of Lourdes and the Cathedral parishes.
The Pastoral Life Coordinator is a full-time paid position (40 hours per week over seven days. This includes office hours at Lourdes parish Tuesday through Friday).
You will be a member of the Kotahi Ano Pastoral Team.
Our Lady of Lourdes and the Cathedral parishes are looking for:
– An individual with strong relationship management skills and a love for people.
– A person with significant experience in pastoral ministry, parish ministry or pastoral care.
– An individual who can manage the delivery of pastoral ministries to parishioners and support all forms of lay ministry.
– An individual with proven relationship management skills and strong written and verbal skills.
– A person committed to lay ministry and its growth.
– A person with a demonstrated pastoral understanding of Catholic theology.
– The role holder may also deliver theological training or teaching, but this is not required. The successful applicant must be able to manage the delivery of programmes.
What you’ll do:
– Coordinate all pastoral ministry delivery to parishioners across the parishes.
– Manage our sacramental programme delivery.
– Be the chaplain to St James and Our Lady of Lourdes Schools.
– Participate in the liturgical and pastoral life of both parishes.
– Nurture and develop our preference process.
– Ensure catechesis for children in State Schools is available.
– Nurture and support lay-ministry and lay ministers and develop a new ministry where necessary.
You will need your own vehicle and full drivers’ license, skills in Microsoft Office and Teams, high proficiency in verbal and written communication. If this is an opportunity for you, please email [email protected] for a complete job description.